Monday, September 15, 2008

Carrer LB

Well, oil went down under $100 a barrel today.

Unfortunately, Wall Street decided to continue to screw me. But, if you're in with the stocks, you know that it is a slow process. It's not an instant moneymaker. It's a gamble. Also, if you're more of a real estate person, know that traditionally, the stock market and real estate have given the same returns for investments.

However, the job search is looking slightly up. With my Internet sleuthing, I have uncovered that there is to be a Career and Education Expo in my city this week. That's good. That is something you should search for.

When I first saw the Expo, it stated that it was for workers over 18 who have limited education. But, after some digging, I uncovered a flier/news release that said that it is actually a career expo for entry-level to professional.

Right up my alley.

Expos are another resource that every job-seeker should examine and participate in. I personally have never been to one. But, after this one, I hopefully won't have to attend another one.

I'm a bit reluctant to put all my eggs in the Expo basket. I get the feeling that some employers just go there to look good. We'll see though. I've never been.

Searching on a city website is a great place to find out about career expos. Also, college career services websites are great places to look. Many college grads, I would think, would only look at their university, not specifically the city they live in.

Opportunities are out there. Kind of.



The thing that you should never do is jump at the first opportunity that comes your way. I didn't. And look at me now. I'm happily unemployed. And I'm...wait. Uh, don't jump at every opportunity that comes your way, if you can afford it.

You don't want to miss out on a sweet job.

You don't want to be miserable. Having a job is good.

Having a job you don't hate is even better.

No comments: