Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yet No.

The nice, directed e-mail isn't working. Yet.

Well, it has been only about 15 minutes since I sent one out. But why haven't I heard back from anyone yet? I guess I need patience. You see, job searching takes time. Jobs take time. Time takes jobs. That makes no sense.

Anyway I may have found a free-lancer job. It's with a website, but hey, that's fine with me. As long as I can pull in a little cash, I can be sane. Having no inflow is terribly depressing. Especially when the stock market just blew up with all my money. Ok, not all my money, just a little bit.

But it's not gone yet. I'm hoping that Warren Buffet can save me. Actually, I thought about something new. I might write a letter to my local congressman telling him/her that I'm angry that I can't find a job.

I'm going to hand write it and bitch at my congressman. Sometimes, they actually will do something when people get angry. Now, I don't want you to think that I blame the government that I can't find a job. Believe me, it's not that. The problem really lies more in the fact that there is no economy.

Because of the government. Well, ok, that's only partially true. Regardless, I have been reduced to attempting to find part-time and freelance and low-paying jobs. That's no good.

That shouldn't happen. Of course, I also realize that I didn't probably do the greatest job of networking when I was in college and I should have maybe taken an extra semester or year and done an internship with an actual company, not just my campus newspaper.

I have also realized that I should have tried for a minor. A minor in finance/accounting would have been boring, annoying and I'm sure hard as flip, but I would have had something to fall back on.

Everyone wants accountants right now. I wonder why. Maybe it's because businesses are trying to save as much money as possible.

By not hiring me.

No comments: