Friday, September 5, 2008

Ode To Friday

Fridays are the worst.

No real new jobs are posted, except for my favorite ones about earning $10,000 in the next five minutes. Fantastic.

Sometimes I don't heed my own advice and I apply for some random jobs on Craigslist and Monster, just to see what will happen. Sometimes it's nothing. I've become a little more cynical also, so in my e-mail subject line I'll write random stuff.

You know, you never know if that will set you apart from the hundreds of others trying to earn $10,000 in cinco minutes. Lately I've been putting: If You Hire Me, I'll Be Your Best Employee Ever.

That, technically, is true. Additionally, I've also decided to create some opportunities of my own, such as this blog and also starting an ETRADE account. I'm fairly happy so far because I have broken even.

My grandfather always tells me to buy GE stock, so I did. It's a fairly solid and low-risk investment. I also invested in this company that makes fake blood. How awesome is that. I've already made $25 off that company. Score. So, you might say that I'm a day trader. Well, I don't actually trade that much because it costs $12.99, so you might say that I'm a day watcher. Kinda sounds like a vampire.

My Alma mater also has a job board, which I do not understand at all. There are jobs posted on the board that do not qualify for any college grad. There's a bunch of JCrew postings on the one I go to right now. How does that make sense? People are going to college so they don't have to work at crappy JCrew. They want to buy the clothes, not have to work a minimum-wage job for 10 hours just to buy a pair of jeans. (Wait do they sell jeans? I have no idea.)

On a side note, I don't shop there. I actually have no idea where they are located. I got some $20 jeans that don't look like they were found on a corpse in the Sahara to make them look "vintage."
They are nice and blue. Not like this. Pathetic. But creative and cost-efficient I must say.
On another side note, don't search for "jeans" on an image search. Because you'll just get self-obsessed girls. And guys. Ew.

I applied for a job at a medical center yesterday. The job qualifications were nerd like:
-Set up computers
-Set up scanners, stuff like that
-Give basic info about how to work the media

That would be perfect for me. What you have to do is apply online. I watched as my application was received, and subsequently filed and not hired in a matter of 20 minutes. That's dumb. Maybe I'll call them. I say, don't put out a post if you don't actually want to hire someone. Especially me. Because I know that stuff.

I think it's go time. I need to make some progress so I don't feel like this was a useless week. Time to get on the phone.

No comments: