Monday, September 8, 2008

Pooper Scooper

Orangutan.

They sit in zoos where they get to eat and climb onto fake trees and then get to throw poop at unwanted visitors who show their teeth.

That's kind of what I do all day, except for the part where I climb on fake trees and throw gross stuff. But if I could have thrown something at this person who I spoke to on the phone, I would have.

So I called this company, which I heard has hired people in my unemployed position before. Now, I did not reach the right person because the person who usually answers calls was out. The guy was very nice and did some good work searching for my resume. It was nice of the dude, who obviously heard the phone ringing and was courteous enough to answer while the doorknob secretary was out.

He told me to call back and ask for this one woman in a half hour. So I did. The receptionist was not nice. Now, believe me, I can be very nice on the phone. I'd be willing to use the word "charming" but I think that would be a little self-centered, even if it is fake nice charming. Plus, the lady did not let me speak to the person who I was trying to reach. Not cool.

So I'll call back tomorrow. Jerk faces.

On a positive note, I did make $40 in the stock market today. That's cool. Oh, and when I said I invested in a company that makes fake blood, I did not mean a special effects company. The fake blood is a chemical compound that is able to be substituted as a synthetic oxygen-cell carrier in an emergency, such as a car crash. Or a (dog vs.) shark attack. Or war. Anyway it's not CSI ketchup. Seriously, watch that last link, it is priceless David Caruso.

On another positive note, I also have a phone interview scheduled for today. I have come to the realization that I might need to take a part-time job to gain some:
-Money
-Experience
-Something to do instead of coming up with dumb comparisons to apes.

So I may need to do that. And, I may just have to put in some time as a lowly person in a company. It's not so bad. If I have a chance to gain more responsibility, most employers have jumped at the opportunity with me.

People can see that I may be a good employee, but they cannot read (on a resume) that I say I am. All they see is limited experience.

Hopefully, my experience will be growing slightly, even if I do have to pay some dues.

Before I go ape-crazy.

No comments: